Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Update: Dec to Jan


After Israel, I spent the remainder of Dec in Zim. Thanks again to the Long Family and The Selby family for putting me up. I was fortunate enough to spend Xmas with the Selby family on Lake Kariba- one of my favourite spots in the World!

In the last 2 weeks of Dec, I kicked started my training again, starting to lay the foundations for the most important 6 months of my career.. Thanks to my coach/advisor, Libby Burrell for all her input in this regard.

In the beginning of Jan, i was hit with some very exciting news with being given a BG Scholarship from the International Triathlon Union (ITU). This now enables me to focus 100% on training and competing to qualify for the Beijing Games. I am incredibly grateful to ITU Development for giving me this opportunity. The next few days were then spent on my back recovering from wisdom teeth extractions!!

Mid Jan, I relocated to Potchefstroom, South Africa, to train with Hendrik De Villiers and a number of other Int athletes that use the small town as a training base.

At the moment, it is head down, continuing to build the foundations for hopefully a very exciting year! Racing will commence in Feb with the most important ones coming in March onwards. Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

Ploemeur Triathlon said...

This scholarship from ITU is a very good support for you and some very good news for your fans who support you.
Since I know you from last summer in Europe, I realized how much focused you are toward this goal to compete in the next olympic race. I am very confident about your qualification.
Our french club Ploemeur Triathlon, is very proud to welcome you again as the leader of its team for this year's national D2 team series.
Latest knews : ITU World Cup stops in Lorient on september 27th. You will be AT HOME to compete in a World Cup race. Isn't it great? I'm sure your name will be written with paint on the bike track!!

Keep practicing, it'll makes you perfect.

Yvon Le Gall.

Eva said...

Hey Chris!

Found your website, nice to read about your journey and plans! I'm back at work in rainy Holland now and already miss South Africa, the weather, training and you guys! I'll do my running this evening in the cold and rain... isn't that sad??

I'll check your website to see how you're doing, keep me posted!

All the best,
Eva