Thursday, February 28, 2008

February 08


The Vodacom Challenge (10k run, 1600 swim, 100k bike; all separate over the weekend) in Potch over the weekend of 16 Feb was the first racing of the year. A PB in the 10k, 3rd place in the Potch Mile and solid performance in the 100k gave me confidence for the first tri test to come a week later. Bloemfontein hosted the ITU Continental Cup a week later, where Javier Gomez, world no.1, made an appearance. After exiting the water with the first pack, I rode with the group for about 5k and struggled with something that cant place my finger on (mechanical, both bike and legs, I think!) and ended up in the second pack. A solid, but rather pedestrian run (pic) saw me place 8th. Not a great day, but a benchmark on what needs to be done going into the All Africa Champs in Tunisa on 8 March, one of my most important races of the year.

3 comments:

Ploemeur Triathlon said...

So you come up to the north side of the World. Funny to think you are not so far away from your clubmates in Ploemeur, France. We will follow your performances. Good luck for your race in Tunisia. Yvon LG

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

hey Chris great work today man proud of you and God bless good luck in NZ I hope you loved or Coast and you will visit again next year and for real we will be waiting to support you again, Thanks a span for representing or country man