Sunday, November 02, 2008

BSG Energade Series!




I have now done two races since arriving back in Africa, both part of the BSG Energade Series. I am racing with the Nestle team which helps a lot with expenses around the races, as well as incentives for places. The first two races have been characterised by good swims and solid bikes and both ending with average runs. I have come 5th and 6th. This time is about getting over my stress fracture that had during the Games and as have learnt, these injuries take a long time to come back from. Nonetheless, I have been happy with my progress in the runs during the races, given my running consists of speed during aqua jogging and bouts of walk/running. I have also put in some extensive rehab work thanks to the knowledge I have gained while studying for my degrees and in the last two years of being a ‘pro’ athlete. I still have three to four more races before the end of the year so plenty time to gain more improvements!

No comments: